Wednesday 12 October 2011

Garden Lights For Your Outdoor Spaces

When I was a teenager, we used to live in a house with a good sized garden. My grandmother loved to do gardening, and we always had a lot of plants. My father, on the other hand, was in charge of decorating our garden. He was the one who installed garden lights all around, and I remember how at night our yard would be the main attraction in our street.

My dad used to spend countless hours in the garden fixing wiring and thinking of the perfect places to use garden lighting for the best effect. Normally, he would put colored garden lights in some of the potted plants. He would also use spotlights to highlight a particular area of the garden.


During Christmas, we did not even need to put up Christmas lights on our house, as the patio and garden lighting would ultimately have the same effect. My dad would only change the colors of the lights to fit the occasion. For Christmas, he would use green and red lights - and what a beautiful display they made!
In the morning, our garden would look like any ordinary garden with assorted plants - but come nightfall, the garden would transform into something spectacular. It's surprising what a little creativity, as well as the right garden lights, can do for your outdoor spaces. To complete the effect, my father also loved to strum a romantic tune on his guitar as we sat out on the deck.

Our family's garden was the backdrop to a lot of special occasions. I remember celebrating my 19th birthday amidst the magical garden lights, sipping cocktails with my friends and listening to our favorite mellow music. Our garden was not really very big, but the ambiance of the garden lighting, blended with the beautiful flowers and of course the company of loved ones, made it a favorite area for everyone in the family.

Article Source: EzineArticles.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment