Thursday 16 December 2010

Holiday Decorations

Christmas is the best time of the year. It's the time to bring out all the decorations from Christmas Storage that you've accumulated over the years and a great excuse to go out and add some new ones too. I've found that each person is different in their decorating technique, some like to start outside and move in, while others like to start with the inside and move out. Myself, I'm the inside to the outside person and I like to start with the Christmas Tree. I love lights on the tree, but I hate putting them on the tree so I have an Imperial Fir Pre Lit Artificial Tree, the optimum word here is pre lit with about 800 lights on it so it looks really nice. Next I like to put some Pre Lit Northern Pine Garland on the mantle going behind the Chubby Nutcracker Stocking Holders which have to set at the front edge to hold the Stockings for Santa.
For the rest of the house I like to put Nutcracker Figurines around the living and dining rooms and accented with some Battery Operated Candles which seem to fit in most candle stick holders. I like these candles because to turn them on you just push down on the top rather than pick them up and turn the switch on the bottom and being LED they last a very long time. Also on the dining room table I like to put some Battery Operated Lights in and around the centerpiece. Now for the front door, I like to use a Battery Operated Wreath so I don't have to worry about cords getting smashed in the door or cords moving where someone might trip over them. In the entry way I have found that a small grouping of a two, three and four foot Pre Lit Alpine Display Trees adds a wonderful touch.
Now on to the outside, where Christmas Lights seem to be the first thing to go up around the house and trees. You have to decide if you want to Save some Green in the long run by going with LED Lights and lower that December electric bill now or go with the traditional String Lights. There is also the Nativity Scene to set up, with Nativity Figures and the Wooden Nativity Stable. Or you could go with some Large Decorations like the Illuminated Gift Boxes or the Gingerbread Boy or even the Illuminated Candy Cane.
Article Source: EzineArticles.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment